It is important that you are confident that any personal information you provide to us is treated with the highest degree of integrity and privacy.
This document sets out our privacy commitment in respect of personal information that is received from you or on your behalf.
Greg Grant Saddlery Pty Ltd
Greg Grant Saddlery Pty Ltd is a retailing company for saddlery and related horse products.
Personal Information held by Greg Grant Saddlery Pty Ltd may include your name, date of birth, current addresses, telephone/mobile number, email address, bank account or credit card details.
Collection of Personal Information
Greg Grant Saddlery Pty Ltd collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you, when you provide information by phone or in person, or in documents such as resumes or account applications
- From purchases made with our company, either in person, via our website, by telephone or postal mail
- From publicly available sources of information
- Provide details to join special mailing lists
- Enter a competition or complete a survey
- Send us an enquiry or provide us with feedback, either by mail, email, social media or telephone
- Request sponsorship
- Health information may be obtained from you in situations when it is necessary for our company to carry out its functions or activities and you have either consented, or we are required by law to do so.
How we use your personal informationWe collect and receive personal information to enable us to conduct our business and provide services to our customers.
By collecting personal information we may:
- Provide the services you require
- Determine your requirements and services you may require from us
- Conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud
- Research and develop our services
- Gain an understanding of your information so we may provide you with updated and improved service
- Maintain your records and protect you from unauthorised access to your personal information
- Answer queries, resolve complaints and respond to social media
- Recruit staff and contractors
- Provide any associated loyalty program.
Direct MarketingFrom time to time, we may use your personal information to provide you with marketing information about our range of products, changes to our organisation, new products or other services being offered by us. Our usual method of contact will be via email, however we may also use social media, SMS, telephone or postal mail to contact you in certain cases. By providing us with an email address or phone number, you consent to electronic communication such as notices or reminders being sent to you via that address or number.
If you do not wish to receive any marketing information you may decline to receive such information by contacting our offices by:
- Contacting the Privacy Officer by email at email@example.com by contacting our customer service team by phone on 1800 777714 or by mail to Greg Grant Saddlery Pty Ltd, PO Box 3616, CALOUNDRA BC, QLD, 4551.
- Using the unsubscribe facility that we include in our electronic messages.
Once you have told us you no longer wish to receive information about our products and services, we will not send you any further material, unless we are required by law to send such information to you.
Unless you have specifically agreed to our doing so, we will not disclose your personal information to a non-associated party for the purposes of allowing them to direct market their products or services to you.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to organisations outside Greg Grant Saddlery Pty Ltd. The organisations to which we disclose information include:
- your representatives (eg authorised representatives or legal advisers)
- financial institutions for payment processing
- referees whose details are provided to us on resumes
- contracted service providers including overseas and local agents, delivery and shipping providers, information technology service providers, marketing and communication agencies, event organisers, research and development providers, manufacturers and suppliers
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies and credit providers for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law
- organisations involved in:
- a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables)
- managing our corporate risk and funding functions.
If you advise us that you do not wish to have your personal information used or disclosed for a particular purpose, we will respect your wishes, unless this is not legally or practically possible.
Keeping your Personal Information Accurate
It is very important that the personal information we collect from you is accurate, complete and up-to-date so that we may continue to carry on our business. Printed documents are held at our head office in secure facilities. We take steps to:
- ensure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up to date, complete and relevant
- protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure
- destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for purposes permitted by the Australian Privacy Principles.
During the course of our relationship with you, we may ask you to tell us of any changes to your personal information. You can contact us at any time to update your personal information or to tell us that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
Safety and Security of your Personal Information
The safety and security of your personal information is a priority for us. We will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by storing it is a secure environment, using website protection measures, security restrictions on access to our company’s computer systems and allowing access only to authorised persons.
Whilst we use secure website protection measures for our websites and apps, we cannot guarantee the security of information placed by you on social media or other websites online – you disclose that information at your own risk. Please ensure you keep any passwords or account information confidential for your privacy. If you are concerned about sending your information via the internet, please contact us by telephone or postal mail. If you become aware of a security breach, please contact us immediately.
When your personal information is no longer required for the purpose for which it was used or disclosed it will be destroyed or permanently de-identified.
Accessing your Personal Information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please contact our Privacy Officer by email or postal mail. We may ask you to verify your identity prior to any access or correction requests, and will take reasonable steps to correct the information we have on record about you. Greg Grant Saddlery Pty Ltd reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us at:Privacy Officer
Greg Grant Saddlery Pty Ltd
PO Box 3616
CALOUNDRA BC QLD 4551
Phone: 1800 777714
Fax: 07 5438 2233